Children’s reaction to trauma is in many ways similar to that of adults, but unlikey adults, children may feel utterly helpless and lack understanding of what is going on around them. Trauma also upsets the delicate balance of parent-child relationships; the child’s confidence that his parent will always be able to protect him may be disturbed, and the parent’s sense of his role as protector may be severely undermined.
Articles For Children & Adults Helping Kids Cope With Trauma:
- Childhood Fears
- Talking With Children About Fears
- How Do Children React to Trauma?
- 9 Ways to Support Children After a Traumatic Event
- Dealing With Trauma, A Page for Children
- Guided Imagery Group Exercise for Children
- Breathing and Relaxation Exercises for Children
- Full Body Guided Relaxation Exercise for Children
- My Resilience Workbook (coming soon!)